Dear Friend (500 Days of Summer)
POSTED ON Monday 6 July 2015 AT 22:44 \\
Dear friend,

     I watched 500 Days of Summer and it was honestly one of the best movies I've ever watched in my entire life, other than The Breakfast Club and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It's so bland, yet it's so entertaining. You know the movie's good when you had to pause the movie for a while to make room for crying in the dark while listening to Minks. I never knew the movie was called 500 Days of Summer. But I knew the movie existed. And I've been dying to watch the movie for years. Zooey Deschanel has always been gorgeous, but in this movie, she was gorgeous-er than ever and it kind of makes me sad for a while.

     And Joseph Gordon-Levitt, God, where do I start on this guy? He's... he's fucking beautiful. And I want him in the most unromantic way (Yes, I quoted Pierce The Veil.) He's the kind of guy you want to hang out in the basement and talk about the universe with. (Yes, I'm into astrology, sometimes.) He's so chill, and there's something about his eyes that captivates me. Not joking. He looks calm and reposed. He looks like Tom. He looks exactly like what the character is about. He executes it so well, a hopeless romantic who coerces the idea of love on someone who doesn't believe in love. He's somewhat like the guy version of me. I can see myself working in some field that I have no interest in.

     Alright, back to the movie. The movie really is something - it's like a movie, that came out of a movie. I think that's the most perfect way to describe how beautiful the movie was. The vibe it radiates, the nostalgia that comes with it. The train ride, browsing through record stores, listening to The Smiths in the elevator, Tom is the kind of hopeless romantic that I aspire to be. (the movie would be a hundred times better if they include The Strokes in the official soundtrack hehe) To be honest, no movie has ever made me feel this way. I needed at least 2 hours to calm myself the fuck down and accept the fact that Tom really wasn't meant to be with Summer. For the past ninety-five minutes, these two has been my ULTIMATE one true pair and to find out that they're going separate ways is way beyond devastating. And it's true, I hated Summer. I hated her for leading him on, for being such a difficult bitch. She was obviously leading him on. Come on, who the fuck has sex with someone and still consider them as their best friend? I know I don't.

    I know there's a whole lot of meaning behind the movie, that you shouldn't put your self-worth in the hands of a gorgeous blue-eyed girl but God, I hated Summer. I hated her with a burning passion. I wanted to choke her, stab her with a machete, because how dare you turn down Joseph Fucking Gordon-Levitt and destroy my hopes and dreams? But that's life - that's just life. (Please note that I only wanted to mutilate Summer, not Zooey Deschanel. Zooey is my ultimate woman crush. Thanks.) It made me learn a lesson, in a way. And lessons that come in the form of seeing your OTP going separate ways hurt REAL bad.

But all in all, it was a really, really wonderful movie though I have to spend 2 hours to recollect myself and get my shit together. I love 500 Days of Summer. And I wish to be someone else's Summer. But, minus the breaking up of course.



monthly archives